Just like when you are shopping for foods to eat you read the labels, you should be doing the same with your skincare products! If you have sensitive skin, you need to be even more careful!
Here is a list of ingredients to avoid if you have sensitive skin.
1. Artificial Fragrances or Perfumes - Manufacturers are not required to reveal what is in their fragrances in their products so there is no limits to what could be in it, or what you are actually putting on your skin!
2. Parabens - Parabens are used to preserve products- they can mimic oestrogen and can cause hormonal imbalances - resulting in skin irritations, breakouts and other adverse reactions. (If paraben is present in any of the words, avoid it like the plague!)
3. Phthalates - Similar to Parabens, Phthalates can disrupt hormones and cause reproductive issues. ( Examples: DBP, DEHP, DEP)
4. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate / Sodium laureth Sulfate - Used to create a foamy texture in products and can be an extreme irritant for sensitive skin- also a known carcinogenic.
5. Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) - Commonly used as a thickener in skincare and other beauty products, it is banned in many countries as it is a known carcinogen. It's also known to cause skin irritations and adverse reactions.
Knowing what you are putting on your body is as important as what you put into it! Sensitive skin can be from many different factors but starting with learning the ingredients in your skincare is a good place to start!
Hümbl Skincare is proud to be free from any of the above ingredients and made for sensitive skins!