I love this detox soup recipe for so many reasons. It tastes amazing, I feel great after eating it and it has so many essential vitamins my skin needs to look it's best. You'll often catch me cooking this when I'm feeling a little hormonal or sluggish and I feel like it always does the trick to getting me back on track.
It's packed enzymes and nutrients that help with your bodies ability to cleanse (see ya never acne!)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large onion, diced
2-3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
1 Leek, Pale part only thinly sliced
2 Zucchinis chopped roughly
1 Broccoli Head cut into florets, stems chopped
1 bulb fennel, trimmed and cut into 1cm pieces
1.25 litres of veggie stock, plus extra if needed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
Sea salt and ground pepper
1/2 bunch of kale, stalks removed and leaves torn
2 cups of baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup mixed herbs (coriander, mint, flay leaf parsley), roughly chopped
Spring onion thinly sliced
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and leek and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the zucchini, broccoli and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock, then stir in the ground coriander, cumin, and chilli flakes and season to taste with pepper.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Add the kale and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, adding a little water or extra stock if necessary.
5. Add the spinach and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
6. Using either a stick blender or a food processor, blend the soup until smooth. Stir through the mixed herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with Spring onion, and chilli flakes (if you like a bit of heat)
8. Serve in bowls with lemon wedge. Enjoy!
(I like to add more lemon while the soup is cooking also as I love citrus and it's benefits for my skin! I also add a bit extra garlic and chilli as I love spice! Have a play with a few of the ingredients to get this detoxing Skin loving soup exactly to your preference!)