Acne is a very normal, common skin condition that can mean many different things. Our skin often uses breakouts and acne as a way of communicating with us that something internally is unbalanced.
Here are a few tips to clear your acne naturally, and how you can diagnose exactly what's causing your breakouts.
1. Drink more water. This is a very self explanatory over said piece of advice but the fact is VERY FEW people actually are drinking enough water. We are made of it. Our organs need it. And with the skin being the largest organ in the body, it needs it most. A hack that I've found helpful is starting your day with a BIG glass of water, before your coffee or breakfast. After sleeping for 8 hours, our bodies are very dehydrated and drinking a diuretic like coffee first thing can dehydrate you (and your skin) even more.
2. Sleep more. For more reasons than one sleeping is good for you and your skin. With our skins actually being nocturnal, it works the hardest at night making "beauty sleep" an actual thing. Apply your most potent, hydrating, vitamin products at night and get your 8 hours babe.
3. Celery Juice. I speak of drinking celery juice a lot for the simple reason it really works. It detoxes your body and guts. And there is a strong connection to gut health and your skin. (I'll save the details for another blog in the future!) Celery juice, once you get used to it, can actually improve your overall energy for the day as well, theres no down sides to it in my opinion.
4. Sleep On a Silk Pillowcase. Silk pillowcases are the best accessory for beauty sleep. Regular cotton pillow cases dehydrate your skin and hair, as we know when the skin is dehydrated it creates more oil to compensate for the lack of water resulting in congestion and breakouts.
5. Exfoliate Your Skin. Exfoliate your skin 1-2 times per week to ensure dead skin cells and oils are being removed from your skin and not clogging your pores.
6. Use Hydrating Products. If you are someone who sits in a car, in an office or a plane often, air-conditioning and indoor heating are the most dehydrating things for your skin. Combat it by using hydrating products (Like our Hümbl FLIGHT MASK)
7. Exercise! Running, swimming, surfing, weightlifting- whatever your movement of choice, all increase blood flow in the body. Which increase nutrients going to your skin. Resulting in a more glowing and even complexion. Aim for training and moving your body at least 3x per week!
8. Eat More Fruit and Veg. Vitamins and nutrients are essential to our skins health, our entire organs and skin replace themselves, and are completely built on what we eat. The phrase "You are what you eat" is 100% accurate so increase the fruits and veg in your diet and reap the skin glowy benefits babe!
A lot of these tips may seem self explanatory but a lot of these tips are often over looked when we feel overwhelmed with a breakout. Take the time to sit down and think of what areas you can make small changes, or improve upon to increase your skin and overall health!
SHOP OUR OILY/ ACNE PRONE SENSITIVE SKIN LINE HERE!